Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
On this training you will extend and complete the Full Mat Work repertoire, the original 34 exercises developed by Mr Pilates. Learn how to effectively move your clients onwards. You will explore the different ways to progress and challenge your clients and how to deepen muscular connection. Simultaneously sharpening teaching skills.
It is essential you complete the Introduction to Mat Work Teacher Training first before attending this course.
• 3 days in person Course Content. (see Show Sessions for dates)
• 2x Practical Test Out (see Show Sessions for date)
• 60 hours remote self- practice and teaching
On this training you will continue to develop your expertise and build on your teaching skills. Learn to move your clients through an expansion of the repertoire with the introduction of more complex exercises, and cuing, deepening the muscular recruitment. More focus is on breath and its importance to movement. Your continued practice in the full classical mat repertoire brings a greater understanding, exhibiting a deep embodiment of the Work itself and true understanding.
A Complete Mat Certificate is issued once you have successfully passed all assessments.
Once the in person training is covered, you are required to continue to practice a blend of practical teaching and your own workout practice.
A total of 60 hours Teaching Practice/Apprenticeship (in person or via Zoom)
30 hours practice teaching on : How to Progress your Clients
30 hours practice teaching on : How Challenge your Clients
Self Practice via a continued Mat attendance: Log 20 Mat Classes.
You will be given access to the Pi Academy platform with online content, manual & training Log
You are always welcome to practice at Pi.
There is assessment process for Mat Completion certification assessment consists
• Completion of your Student Log
• 2x Written assessments: Online
• 2x Practical assessment:
Test Out 2 | How to Progress a client.
Test Out 3 | How to Challenge a client
* The date for your practicals are predetermined, see Show Sessions for dates. However, if you are unable to attend the date, you are able to book an alternative day and time for your assessment on a date agreed by Pi Academy, we also accept Video Submissions. Private Test Out Fee £150.00
Please email us here email@example.com We always love to hear from you.